- Housing Families has grown into a regional program with a comprehensive approach to assisting an estimated 13,170 people in families with children throughout the state who are homeless or at-risk of losing their homes.
- Massachusetts has made huge strides to move people out of motels and into permanent housing.
- The Massachusetts Senate will pass the $1.8 billion Housing Bond Bill that will reauthorize bond programs to create, expand and protect affordable housing and support services.
- Parts of the solution to homelessness is increasing minimum wage, and paid family and medical leave.
- The Fair Share Amendment that would increase state taxes by four percent for those who take home more than a million dollars annually.
- Increasing the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program to $120 million would allow the program to provide 1,000 new vouchers.
- We heard two moving stories from women who experienced unexpected financial and medical problems and had struggles with providing a home for their families.